Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hamish would NOT approve of this.

Hi Folks.

Little story to tell you about last Saturday.  Just when I thought these dogs could no longer spring any surprises on me, I decided early last Saturday morning up on the high randonnee ( a place we have taken Jane and Lizzy many many times ) as they had both been so good off the lead one at a time, to let them both off.  It only takes a second hahahaha  they were GONE.  Vamoose - never to be seen again that day.  We spent the whole day hanging about, searching, yelling, whistling and as a last resort my friend Lynne and I together with her Setter Dogs went up to the randonnee about 7.30 - 8.00 pm.  NOTHING..

I thought that is it, I will never see them again.  But, as a last resort Jim and I went back up to the randonnee at 8.30 on Sunday morning and the little horrors were sat where we had previously parked the car - WAITING FOR US...!!!!

Jane just wanted to get in the car, but Lizzy was squealing with delight.  Well, the upshot was that they slept the pair of them for nearly 36 hours straight.  I suppose it is some kind of vague hope in my mind that MAYBE just MAYBE they have learnt a lesson but somehow I don't think so.

This is Jane during that time after the return....


Then the following Tuesday we had a BBQ for our french neighbours and some English friends from just further up the road and when Lynne was taking Phoebe (one of the Red Setters )back to the car, Jane sneaked out and I shouted to Lynne and before you could say Jack Robinson Jane had got into Lynnes car and made herself at home. I am pretty sure she thought we were off to the randonne again.  She laid in the back seat of the car, all the doors were wide open because of the heat, and was quite obviously waiting for the rest of us to join her !!!  I just went and got her lead and brought her in.  Funniest thing I have seen in ages..

Well we won't be going up the randonnee for a while far too hot, quiet dog walks in the cool times for now..







No comments: